Swimmin.Bikin.Runnin.

Swimmin.Bikin.Runnin.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Junior Nationals

Well well.
This past weekend I competed in the Junior Elite Nationals in Lac Leamy along with about 40 other girls from around Canada. It was a miserable weather - we haven't had one nice race in the Junior Series yet!! It was pouring all morning, nice heavy rain with some lighter breaks but overall wetness. I had some fun hiding out in the outhouse and our team tent...procrastinating my warmup until the rain seemed to let up a bit.
Finally, I dragged my soggy butt on to my bike for a spin with my good friend Jade which turned out okay, the legs felt great and light. We ended up biking along a boardwalk and the wood was quite slippery, as we transitioned back from wood to pavement Jade fell and slid along the ground...her second wipeout right before a race!!
We tunred around and headed back, Jade was alright with no injuries. Slipping my feet into nice wet shoes, I did a short warmup, jumped into my wetsuit and into the water. It was a non wetsuit swim, but I have had problems staying warm before a race so I kept my wetsuit on until we were called forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment