Swimmin.Bikin.Runnin.

Swimmin.Bikin.Runnin.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The things we learn.

In December I decided to switch my major from a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science to a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the sciences in high school and thought that studies in Biomed would be useful in every day life and athletic pursuits, I am really enjoying learning about the internal workings of the marketing and advertising agencies and can see myself in this field.
Others may have seen this "joke" before, but I found it entertaining (and educational). If I blank on my exam I may just jot this down and hope my prof thinks I am hilarious and deserving of a grade of 100%.

A Professor explaining Marketing to students...

1. You see gorgeous girl in party,
you go to her and say, "I am rich, marry me."
- That's Direct Marketing

2. You attend party and your friend goes to a girl and, pointing at you,
tells her, "He' is very rich, marry him."

- That's Advertising

3. Girl walks up to you and says, "You are rich, can you marry me?"
- That's Brand Recognition

4. You say, "I am very rich, marry me." And she slaps you.
- That's Customer Feedback

5. You say, "I am very rich, marry me." And she introduces you to her husband.
- That's Demand & Supply Gap

6. Before you say, "I am rich, marry me", your wife arrives.
- That's Restriction from Entering New Market

No comments:

Post a Comment