Swimmin.Bikin.Runnin.

Swimmin.Bikin.Runnin.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

National Capital and other things...


Heya! Man the weather can be so gross here in Ottawa - there has been a constantly circulating low-pressure system over our little valley and so we have been getting nothing but rain and clouds :( But, for the two days that I needed some nice weather iI ended up getting some...
On Wednesday I decided to do a fun 5km race on the track at Mooney's Bay for the last of the Twilight Series races. It was the last race to be run on the track due to the fact that they are tearing it up to lay down a wonderful (hopefully bouncy and unblemished) new one! The race was supposed to go off at 8:30pm, but there were more participants in other prior races than the organizers had projected and our race was delayed until 9pm. It was definitely the latest I have ever raced. After warming up twice in the already hot and sticky air, we went to line up. I was suprised at how many people showed up for this tiny time trial, but it made the race more fun. I took the pace out nice and easy and just really tried to have fun with it. At no pint did I put pressure on myself, and just kept a steady enjoyable rhythm. Apparently all my training has paid off because I ended up finishing my "fun" race in 17:02! However, being my first ever 5000m on the track, I am not sure I really appreciate going around in a circle that many times!!
Then, this past Saturday, I did a local non draft-legal triathlon, also at Mooney's Bay. The sun was shining and it was absolutely gorgeous!! It was also a great race, so relaxing with no pressure at all. I ended up finishing first woman and third overall...damn those boys :) I will get them next time.
There are only 9 days until I leave for Canada Games in PEI. I am very excited. It will be a small field but a fierce one. I just have a couple more days of prep, but training has been going pretty well overall, and I will soon start my taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment